Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Bad little kids

Yesterday was Nicholas' third day of kindergarten, he came off the bus, walked home and told me he had a good day at school. I've been holding my breath when he gets home and I ask how school went. Ever since we moved to Houston Nicholas has been having some behavior issues. I'm sure it has to do with the move and me going to work all of a sudden and of course it has a lot to do with the fact that his grandmother let him do whatever the hell he wanted.

I've been bracing myself for an issue to arise at school, I know he's not perfect but right now he's awfully close to "spawn of Satan." So, I was happy to hear he had another good day yesterday....until this morning when I got a phone call from his teacher.

Apparently, there was a incident yesterday and Nicholas was sent home with a note for me to sign. I know I'm not "mom of the year" or anything but I always check his backpack for notes or work that he's supposed to do at home and yesterday there was nothing there, just an empty lunch kit. She went on to tell me that Nicholas had something he needed to tell me.

Nicholas got on the line and told me that he tore up the note on the bus ride home because he didn't want to get in trouble. At this point, I'm furious! Not only did he not give me the note he was supposed to give but he also lied to my face that he had a good day.

I have until 4:00 pm to come up with a good punishment, any suggestions?

3 comments:

HoustonGurly said...

Bust his butt for lying. I'm a firm believer in spanking. As long as it is controlled, talked about before and after and not when the parent is emotional and angry.

Kelly said...

I told a straight up lie like that once and got slapped in the face by my mom. While I don't recommend that extreme, it did work. I haven't lied since! I was older than kindgergarden, though. Sorry I don't have any good advice. At this point, all I know about parenting is what I see on Nanny 911!

Tricia said...

What was the outcome? Jill (yes, I asked my eight-year-old, obviously she knows what gets to kids) said he should have to write an apology letter, since he ripped up the letter. He should then have to read the letter to his teacher and principal. She said, complete with grandious hand gestures, "Talk about em-barr-ass-ing!" I reminded her kindergarteners probably don't know how to write or read. She said, "In that case, take away all his toys."