Thursday, December 18, 2008

What the fuck, Oklahoma!

What the damn hell!

When we moved here I asked everyone about the weather, does it snow? How cold does it get? Does it get really cold? Are you sure it doesn't snow?

You know what everyone told me? They said, no it doesn't really snow, it doesn't get that cold, seriously, it doesn't.

Okay, y'all, I'm from Texas, maybe you don't understand the term "cold" the way I do, it's fucking cold right now. When I wake up and my hand freezes when I touch the door knob to open the back door, that's fuckin' cold.

All I have to say is thank God we have a garage because I do not want to be scraping ice off my windshield every morning like Luis is doing, that shit sucks.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

that does suck. i live in NY and it is FREEZING here... I hate the cold... i think anything 50 and below is COLD!! I'm not sure why I still live in NY... oh yeah... family and friends. duh!!

won't they come visit though if we move away?? hmm... gotta re-think this whole buying a house in NY thing. lol

stay warm!!

xoxoxo

PS hope you are feeling good and I'm glad you have a garage too.

Unknown said...

Ummmmm... I told you it was cold... We had a fucking ICE storm last winter... Who the hell were you asking that told you it doesn't get cold?? But don't worry.. in another week you will probably be able to wear shorts!! Because Oklahoma is fucked up like that!! XOXO

KaritaG said...

Okay, they were right when they said rarely snows there, but did anyone mention the fact that it's because the humidity factor is so high that everything instantly turns to ice?! So, yeah, you don't get snow, you get two or three inches of ice you have to chip off everything. Give me snow! And I'm sorry but whoever told you it doesn't get cold was lying...I'll take Colorado any day over Oklahoma as far as cold/wind!

You'll have to get you some Carhartt's, LOL!

Tara R. said...

Seriously! I get really pissed off when we are given freeze warnings. FREEZE... that's why I moved to Friggin' Florida to get away from the cold!

Try to stay warm and don't be touching any more door knobs.

Tricia said...

It snowed. In. Houston. What the hell? I live in Houston, so I don't have to deal with that shit.

ZDub said...

Dude, I lived in OKC for years and I don't miss the 6 inches of ice all over everything from November until February.

And the City doesn't do shit about the roads either.

Oklahoma is whacked.

J said...

Puss. It's not THAT cold. I mean, shit. At least it's not like -10 out.

Yet.