Monday, December 22, 2008

One Week!

Today was my one week post-op appointment with my doctor and things couldn't have gone better.

I have practically no pain at all (except when I lay on my port, that is still a little tender), all the steri-strips have come off and I am really pleased at how small my incisions are and they are healing great, I've lost 15 pounds since I started my liquid diet (2 weeks ago) and 7 of those pounds have been since surgery (1 week ago), and the best news of all: I can now eat normal foods.

I went in today expecting possibly mushy foods but my doctor said I can start eating normal foods. He normally waits till 10 days post-op but he said I was obviously doing fine so I could start eating at my discretion. Fucking awesome!

My weight loss will start slowing down now but that is a good thing because 15 pounds in 2 weeks is obviously too quick. The goal is about 1-2 pounds a week, that is healthy and steady weight loss.

After this post I'm going to try to keep the weight posts down to once a month, I have a paper that I am tracking my weight and measurements on and I will post when I do that to keep you all informed. You'll get a picture at 50 pounds, hopefully, you won't have to wait too long for that.

5 comments:

ZDub said...

Congrats! That's awesome. I think you need to post a pic at 20. This is such a big deal and I'm nosy!

~Z

Anonymous said...

Good for you for healing so quickly - it's obvious that you and your family is taking good care of you. Again, I'm so looking forward to following your progress with the weight loss - it's exciting!

Unknown said...

Go you!! I am so proud of you! and yeah... I totally can't wait to see! XXOO

Tara R. said...

That is great news! I'm glad that your recovery is going so well and that you're already seeing results. Keep us posted on your progress. You rawk!

Tricia said...

Okay, obviously I should have read this before I emailed you! That answered everything I asked you!

I am glad you are doing so well. That is great to hear.