Monday, December 14, 2009

NUH-tivity Scene

My husband isn't really into Christmas, never has been. I like to think this is because of his whore of a mother who could never get anything right, especially Christmas. Luis is pretty much the Grinch around here, questioning why we have to have a tree? or lights? or presents? Why am I telling you this, you ask? Well, it's to let you know the dude doesn't know much about the holiday.

So, our very first Christmas together I made a comment about a nativity scene I saw and he gave me this puzzled look.

Then a light went off, "NUH-tivity scene?" he said. "Well, that makes a lot more sense."

I looked at him in disbelief, "What did you think they were called?"

"I always thought they were called Activity scenes."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah, I always wondered since they weren't very active."

Then I cracked up laughing.

He still calls them activity scenes just to be funny and always remarks how they should move or something since they are after all, activity scenes.

No comments: