Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas and Crap Like That

Last night I went Christmas shopping. Originally, we weren't going to be able to have Christmas presents this year with Susie's surgery and all but we used our vacation fund to pay off most of the surgery. I'm really glad because even though I think there is way too much emphasis on presents at Christmas, I don't want our kids to think Santa has something against them.

So I was able to get both of the kids all their presents for $90. It's not going to be the best Christmas ever as far as presents go but I'm going to try to make it the best Christmas because we're going to be spending time together as a family. We're not going to my parents' house for once so Luis will be in a much better mood on Christmas. We'll probably spend most of the day playing games (of the board variety, not video) and if the weather is nice we'll play outside at the park. I can almost guarantee we'll be taking Susie for a walk to remind us how lucky we are that she is still with us. We'll bake cookies and candies and just enjoy each other's company.

What are your plans for Christmas?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I can tell you who WON'T be at my house.

Susie, that's who.

That bitch went and ate a rock, can you believe it?

Tricia said...

Now, we do the Santa thing, but I sometimes wonder if we shouldn't. We tell kids gifts come from Santa based on behavior, but then some rich little shits get lots of presents. Meanwhile, good little children are getting a lot less. Some years we can afford much more than others. Now that Jill gets the whole "Santa" thing, I simply explain what exactly we can afford. So much easier...makes me think I should just tell Emmi the truth! Although, I probably won't.

And? Don't you feel like everything has gotten over the top with what you must buy. Party favors costs more than the damn presents people bring! That is my biggest pet peeve, and why we don't do big parties anymore!!