Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My Favorite Part About Christmas

I love Christmas, it's my favorite holiday. I love lights and decorations everywhere, everything is more interesting when it's decorated. I LOVE Christmas trees, decorating the tree is the best. I love it because I love pretty, glass ornaments. Ever since I was little I've always wanted a tree full of glass ornaments, and not the balls either, I like the glass figurines.

I knew I would never be able to afford to buy a ton of them to cover my tree so instead every year I get each of us a new glass ornament. Picking out everyone's ornament has become my favorite part of Christmas. The kids love picking out their own ornament and there are so many different ones to choose from. Every year when I pick my ornament I think, this is my best one yet, and the next year I always end up topping the previous.

We haven't gotten our ornaments for this year yet but last night we decorated the tree and I love that my tree is so full of ornaments that I love, I can't even choose a favorite because there are so many. I love that our tree isn't just beautiful, each ornament has meaning and a story and that's why it's my favorite part because I'm making memories and keepsakes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did I not know that you are totally gay?

KIDDING.

Your tree is pretty this year. Mine won't be, but that's okay. I hate decorating. Just another reason why we get along so well!!