Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Complete and utter exhaustion!

This weekend was crazy busy! Luis got in town on Friday evening, we had the whole house to ourselves and it was wonderful. It was really nice not worrying that the kids were bugging my mom or that we were being too loud. We hung out with the kids, watched t.v. and played video games the first night, it was like we were a family again. The worst part about living away from each other is that we don't get any normal family time. Every time he comes in town it's because something is going on and my mom has a really bad habit of making plans for us without our consent, she doesn't understand that we don't always want to do something with somebody, sometimes we just want to be alone. So yeah, it was nice doing nothing together.

Saturday I had to work but Luis got to spend the afternoon with the kids, they loved having him to themselves, they talked his ear off, colored pictures for him and showed him everything under the sun. After I got off work we picked up the babysitters and had our first date in a long time. We went and had dinner then met up with some friends to have drinks and then we headed to the strip club. We had a lot of fun, it was my first time at a strip club so it was a little awkward but all in all I had a really good time.

Sunday was spent recovering from Saturday, Monday I worked in the morning and we hung out the rest of the day and today we went to San Antonio for Luis' appointment. Luis is leaving at 5 am tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to saying goodbye, it was nice having a man around and the kids loved having their daddy.

I can't wait till Luis gets out of Oklahoma so we can be back together again, it can't come soon enough, I'm already sick of Houston weather and I'm over living with my parents again. I know, surprise, surprise, I'm sick of my mom. I knew I would be sick of her soon, I'm honestly surprised it took this long. When school starts I'm going to switch to full time and that should help. We'll see.