Monday, January 19, 2009

Hope

I'm so excited to be an American right now, I'm so proud of our country and our citizens, I was skeptical, I didn't think enough people would set aside their prejudices, or maybe it was that I thought more people out there were prejudice? Either way, I was wrong and I was so happy that I was.

I'm so happy that Dr. Martin Luther King's dream has finally been realized and for that I feel like this day has more meaning, this year it is extra special. Tomorrow our first ever black president will be sworn in and I have never been so excited about the future of our nation.

These are scary times right now and with this new chapter beginning I truly feel hope. I feel like we, as a country, will again start to live up to our reputation. I don't want to criticize the past but use it as a tool and look to the future...a very bright future.

1 comment:

ZDub said...

Hell yeah! The comment you left for me about Obama was spot on. What a great day yesterday was.