Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Faster.

I like to push myself, I love to improve and so I signed up for a 10K on Halloween. I could have done the 5K, my friend probably would have preferred me to do the 5K so I could run with her, but I wanted a challenge. I'm not going to be able to do the half marathon in November now so I kind of went off my rigorous running schedule and I needed some motivation to get back on it. A 10K is the perfect motivation for me.

I'm really excited about this Halloween run because you dress up for it and I already love people watching during a race so this is going to be awesome. I made my costume, I'm going to be a ballerina witch. Basically, a tutu seemed like a perfect costume because it wouldn't be restrictive but I decided to go with Halloween colors. I'm still not sure how I'm going to wear a hat and run but I'm sure I'll figure it out. Here is a crappy picture of my costume so far.


So, I've been working really hard to get ready for my longest run ever and I was looking for more races in my area when I stumbled upon a race this weekend. I sort of knew about the race because Nicholas was doing it but I thought it was just a kids race. Well, yesterday I found out that there are going to be 3 different 5K's, a 10K, a half marathon, and a marathon in addition to the kids race. Jackpot!
One of the 5K's really caught my attention though because I had never seen a race like it (I'm still new to this so maybe there are a lot of these, I don't know), it's a run up Mt. Scott (supposedly, the highest elevation in Oklahoma). I've seen a lot about doing hill climbs and how it's really good for training but I personally have never done a hill climb. So, of course, I signed up...it's on Saturday! I'm pretty terrified but I'm sure I'll push myself and finish, possibly last, but I'll finish just the same.
Now I have this mix of excitement and terror going on and I just want it to be Sunday so it'll be over. I'm actually more scared of this hill climb than the 10K, probably because the 10K is in Houston so it's guaranteed to be flat. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

It may be flat in Houston, but the damn humidity could kill a person.

Good luck this weekend!!

PS Let me know about the Houston race details. I want to come cheer you on!