Thursday, May 29, 2014

Another productive day...

I managed to get 3 more dolls painted today and I also set up a makeshift painting area in our bonus room. It is definitely easier having a space to work in and having all my stuff in one place....maybe I will end up taking over the whole room? I'm going to need space anyway for my airbrush and I'm wanting to try out casting my own molds too. Lots of new things to do. Here is what I have right now.

Just a corner...for now.

My tree is in the garage because I don't want to have to carry it downstairs and through a doorway when it's finally done. As of right now, the base with roots and the middle of the trunk are formed with chicken wire and wrapped in tape. They are ready to start the paper maché but there is one problem, I don't have any paper. Looks like I will finally be getting that subscription to the Seattle Times.

This pic is just the chicken wire, no tape.

I don't know how much I will be getting done this weekend because I'm going to be attending the Mother Earth News Fair in Puyallup. I'm looking forward to learning lots of cool things and basically hanging out with a bunch of hippies! For now I will leave you with some pictures of the dolls that I have painted, I will probably be adding to some of them when I get my airbrush but for now they are just painted with brush and acrylic paint. Enjoy and have a great weekend.






No comments: